soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spending Freeze days 11-15, over budget but still going strong.

It appears I took a long weekend away from blogging.  A girl has to just tend to life sometimes. 

This weekend we went over our budget.  I was sad, and my tight fist on our cash was pried open.  But it had to be done.  The reason?  We had to go pick up our oldest son  (who was visiting bio dad for the weekend, an hour away).  I like the pretty partial to my little man, so I think it was worth it :).  Also, since we were making the drive aways, and we have some holes in the pantry stockpile, we used the opportunity to take advantage of a sale at Albertsons that only works in select stores (more on that in my next post).  


Hubs and I talked about it, and we are still going to try and stay as close to our $100 goal as we can.  We are learning quite a bit about where our money goes (we haven't been the spending type for years), and finding even more wasy to cut back (because compared to the Jones', we have already cut, or didn't spend in the 1st place the many areas financial gurus tell you to cut back on).  I will share more about those little cut backs as the month goes on. 

So here is where we are now on our spending for the month of February (our goal was only $100 for gas, groceries and shopping).

Recap of Spending Freeze
Day 1 = $0
Day 2 = $10.45 (gas)
Day 3 = $0
Day 4 = $10.02 (groceries)
Day 5 = $0
Day 6 = $12.29 (gas and milk)
Day 7 = $0

Day 8 = $5.40 (meat and cat food)

Day 9 = $10.50 (gas for hubs to get to interview!)

Day 10 = $16.45 (gas for hubs to get to 2nd interview!)

Day 11 = $0
Day 12 = $0
Day 13 = $15 for gas, $37.12 on groceries (see why this is still awesome in my next post)
Day 14 = $0 (we all made handmade valentines for each other, enjoyed heart shaped rolls with dinner and  chocolate cake for desert)
Day 15 = $0


So we have spent $117.23 this month

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment