soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3 of the Spending Freeze - noticing the little things

A few weeks ago when I first declared that Hubs and I were going to attempt a spending freeze for the month of February, my dear friend Erika teased me that she couldn't wait for my riveting post on day 3 "still nothing".  Well my dear, this is for you...  it's day 3, and today we spent nothing.  We stayed home, listed items to sell on ebay, job searched and sewed.

I have noticed something though, I have become more aware of things we waste.  It's little things like the heels of a loaf of  bread.  I used to always throw them out, because I don't like them.  Today I used one on my son's sandwich, and he didn't even notice.  Yesterday it was laundry soap, normally, I pour it into my pretty glass pitcher and toss the bottle.  This time, after I poured it into the pitcher, I left it upside down (lid on of course), and when I came back to flip the laundry, there was enough soap in the lid for another load.  Sure it is just 2 more pieces of bread, and 1 more load of laundry, but it adds up.

I would really love to hear about other common wastes, that if penny pinching, would start to add up?

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment