soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crazy great shopping at Albertsons

So this past weekend, Albertsons was having a sale on certain ConAgra products.  The deal was, spend $25 of participating products and get $10 off your next transaction.  Now the ad said that the $25 total was based on your total after manufacture coupons, however at a few stores (like the one in Woodinville) the $25 gets calculated from the shelf price rather than the sale price.  Well, normally this is how it works, I went thru the store and was able to do my deals as planned the 1st time, but the second time a different cashier woul'd give me the $10 catalina that printed.  So I spent more than I planned but I still came out with GREAT deals.
All in all, I did 5 transactions, used 7 coupons and paid just $37.12 out of pocket for $127.55 worth of groceries. Some of items we got, 18 boxes of sausage (my middle son's favorite), 8 boxes of hot chocolate (for my poor man mochas) 14 cans of diced tomatoes, fuji apples, cheese, 8 jars of peanut butter, honey...etc.  Not bad, if I do say so myself.

So I am not really beating myself up for going over our $100 grocery/ gas/ shopping budget for the month- especially when I know most of it has gone to gas for some great job interviews.

Now to go make dinenr- I wonder if anyone wants peanut butter sausage for dinner?  (kidding, I swear)

Kimberly

4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with satay sausage, add a little soy and Bob's your uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl! I can't believe the Catalina printed and they wouldn't give it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we ended up having breakfast for dinner- french toast, sausage and left over homemade hash browns (from the freezer) yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda- I know, it was awkward,she claimed corporate sent a memo saying there was a 'cliche' or something- oh well, hard for me to swallow though since I know Spokane totally supports the way the new registers work and buy extra stock to fill the need. The store I went to only had a tiny section of the soup and they were wiped clean...

    ReplyDelete