soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Friday, October 1, 2010

Coffee as a cleaner?

Anyone can carry a reusable bag to the store, recycle their newspaper or turn a Capri Sun pouch into a purse, but I like to come up with ways to reuse or recycle things you wouldn't normally think of- plus, the frugal side of me like to find multiple uses for one thing.  What does this have to do with coffee you ask?  Well, grab your cup, and I will tell you a little story.


I was painting my son's room tonight, and being the messy painter that I am, I got paint all over my hands and arms.  Now normally I would wash my hands with a little sugar to scrub the paint off, but hubby was upstairs, the kids were asleep and I didn't want to put my messy hands in my sugar jar.  So, I thought for a second and it came to me, the coffee grinds in the coffee maker from this morning.  (you know you don't clean yours out till the next morning either).  So I scooped out some used grounds, scrubbed up to my elbows (told you I was messy) and it worked like a charm.  Then, a sparkle caught my eye..  what in the world?  I have seen a sparkle like that in years...  it was my wedding ring!  I haven't taken my ring in to be cleaned at the jewelers since my 2nd child was born (about 5 years ago)- so needless to saw, it wasn't real clean.  Something about the coffee really made it shine though- I even made my hubby come look to confirm- even he was amazed.  I am not sure how 'safe' this is, I Googled it, but found nothing on the subject (it worked so well that I was sure someone had to have discovered this before me... )  In any case, my ring now looks Wonderful- and my hands, they are paint free and oh so soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment