soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It pays to ask....

You have probably been there, you go to the store to buy something advertised on sale, only to find they are sold out when you get there.  This happened to me today, and I was soo bummed.  Normally I would leave it at that, probably buy something else I hadn't intended to and gone home.  But not today, after waking up early and trying 2 stores, I just didn't want to believe that is awesome deal had escaped me.  Thanks to Frugal Chic Living I had gone to Fred Meyer to get DC action figures for $.75 each, normally $12.99!  Of course they had only stocked like 12 of them and some guy came in when the doors opened and bought them all.  Bu then I noticed that there were similar figures that weren't on the sale and I thought... why not ask if they will substitute?  So I went and picked up an ad at the counter to check, and sure enough it doesn't say "limited to stock on hand" or "no rainchecks"  so I asked and since I pointed out the lack of fine print, I was granted my substitution!  I later heard that another store plastered signs in the tuy department that there was an error in the ad and that it was a limited sale- lucky for me, they had not posted such signs in my store.  So now, I will have 2 very happy boys next month on their birthdays.  Since the item I used as a substitute were dual backs, both boys will be getting 6 action figures.  Cost $4.5, Total saved buy asking $43.44!!  Lesson learned, look for fine print and don't be afraid to ask.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! I wouldn't have even thought to ask for a substitute! I did notice that there was no - "no rainchecks" info - my plan was to ask for one if they were out (I did manage to find a few & I found a $2 catalina on my way out of the store - score!)
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete