soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The 100% off sale.

When my husband and I were dating and in our early marriage (6.5 years ago).  I was the spender and he was the saver.  I was used to being single and broke, and to me -10 was the same  as 0, so why not buy that thing I wanted.  I was working in the fashion industry and everyone around me had the latest trends.  So being a single mom, I certainly used 'retail therapy' as a pick me up.  When I got married, I loved to show my new hubby my new clothes- and he would always ask how much it cost, to which I cheerfully declared- "it was on SALE!".  That is untul he asked me if I heard of the 100% off sale...  you know, when you don't buy that think you want but don't need.  That used to dive me crazy.

Not anymore.  I love the 100% off sale, I love saving my money and  being more creative with what I have.  Today I have 2 examples of that to save you some more and use your creativity.

This morning I ran out of both face wash and eye makeup remover.  Now I am going to the store today, and I am sure I could have found some coupons for the face wash, but it would it have cost me like $4 and it didn't solve my need for it now.  So I made my own.

I normally buy an exfoliating wash, so I headed down to the kitchen and  whipped this up.
 Face wash-
2 tablespoons of sugar, 1-2 drops of peppermint extract (to smell nice and wake me up)  and enough olive oil to make it moist but not drippy.  I put it in a tiny plastic container and headed up to shower- it worked great!  just enough scrub to exfoliate and oil to make my face feel soft. 

As for the eye makeup remover- I normally buy the Target brand and it is like $4-5 as well and never has coupons- and I needed some now...  I just happened to read in a Womens Day Magazine yesterday that you can use Vaseline.  So I went and raided my toddler's room, tried it and it worked!  Not only that, but it worked better than the eye makeup remover, I used less product and it was really gentle, even with removing waterproof mascara.

So there you have it- 2 items most all women need, with out having to buy anything.  Gotta love the 100% off sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment