soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Mantel 2010

I was up waaaay too late last night looking thru all the beautiful mantels over on Layla's Mantel Party, that I woke up this morning with the resolve that I would finish mine and share it with you.  So without further ado, I will let the pictures do the talking (with my over explaining comments of course).
Here it is in all it's Blue, white and silver glory.  Complete with a coffee filter wreath and three.  And if you are wondering why it looks like I have a giant present behind my wreath, I'll let you in on a little secret... it's a huge piece of cardboard that I wrapped in paper, to fill the 'tv niche' that is the bane of my decorating attempts.  Anyone else have one of these (made for an older tube tv) and can tell me what they did to 'fix' it?
A closer (un photo shopped) picture will show you the other thorne in my side, the cable running from the back of the niche to where the tv really sits, to the left of this picture.

Back to the lovely mantel...  I filled my dollar store hurricanes with blue ornaments that i bought at Walmart last year. The rock candy garland came lit.  It is from Nordstrom, I used it my wedding decorations, almost 7 years ago.  Which brings me to another tangent- getting married in the winter is the smartest ever! I bought after Christmas clearance decorations, and had a snowflake themed wedding, and I get to use my wedding decorations year after year!  LOVE it!
 I bought the mercury glass hurricane this year at Fred Meyer ($7) you can't see in the picture, but it has snowflakes etched on it.  I am so sappy for snowflakes. 
And finally a little shot of the coffee filter tree I made today.  It's a little odd shaped I know, but aren't we all? I used a triangular shaped box from the post office I found in my garage for the base, just cut the top into points and taped together, then went to town hot gluing the filters on.  And I didn't burn myself this time! 

This is my 1st year doing this color scheme, but I did it with mostly items I had- How about you, do you change your color scheme from year to year?


 Kimberly




No comments:

Post a Comment