soap aff

Soap.com Brand Banner

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sharing the Free Love

I love the high that comes from doing a good deed. The joy in helping someone if truly a gift in it's self.

While at Albertsons today, doing a quick run to get a few things we were out of, I ran across pasta marked down in a cart in the middle of the freezer aisle. There was 1 cart full of Barilla Plus pasta, marked down to $1, and another cart with Rozoni pasta marked down to 50 cents. I quick look into my trusty coupon binder and I found I had the perfect coupons, and a lot of them.

I used
75 cents/1 for the Barilla x2
buy one get one free for the Barilla x2
so I got 4 boxes of Barilla for 50 cents!

for the Razoni (marked down to 50 cents each)
 I used
Blinkie coupons I had for $1/2 and a twice the Value coupon
so I got 4 boxes of Razoni for FREE!!

Now I could have cleared out the cart of the Razoni, because I had a bunch of coupons.   But instead, I looked around me, and offered them to the people around me.  One lady, who was 70 years old, couldn't believe I was giving her this 'gift'.  She was in awe that an item at the store would be allowed to be free, and that she would be allowed to use these coupons on the sale priced pasta.  I ended up giving her a quick lesson, and she was so grateful and eager to learn more that she mentioned she wanted my phone number.  She doesn't use a computer.  I was happy to help, especially in this season of giving when I don't have alot of $$ to give.  It got me thinking, there are probably tons of  people, especially older people, that don't use computers but need to save money.  So I will be looking into setting up some classes (free of course)- right now I am thinking of contacting local churches, to see if there is an interest and/or need.  If you are local and know of a group that you like to learn more about saving money at the grocery store- let me know.  I am not super expert, but I know how to save alot.

Take care, and do a good deed today, it will pay you back 10 fold with joyous feelings!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment